Overall Rating: 5 stars
Book Name: The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Book Boyfriend: Noah
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.
She used to think her problems were all in her head.
She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.
In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?
NOTE:Do not attempt to read this review if you haven’t yet read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. You have to read it first.
First and foremost, I would like to thank Ms Michelle Hodkin for doing such a great job. I am a fan of hers from the moment I discovered The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.
The first installment in the Trilogy is awesome, while this one? It’s a breathtakingly mind-blowing work of art. I was so happy I decided to read this because I realized what a real ‘good book’ is.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is already a 5-star rated book to me but this book gives me too much chills. If I were to rate it, it would be 7 over 5 stars because the more pages I read, the tighter my grip to the book is.
The twists and turns especially on the last part were so unpredictable, I can’t even predict what will happen in the next book and I would not dare to do so. I just want to “wait and see”.
I also like the awesome revelations that I can’t stop reading it albeit it’s already two in the morning. I just can’t stop loving the all of them. Mara, Noah Jamie and Daniel and Joseph and many other characters. I won’t mention them all for not to spoil this one.
And the romance? Oh my freaking hell. I so envy them, seriously.
Truly a page turner. Every page makes me so crazy. I cried, laugh, get angry, anxious, jealous and curious. All of it at the same time.
I highly recommend it most especially to those who love psychology and paranormal stories.
So that’s it. Let us now proceed to the characters.
1. Mara Amitra Dyer- Mara is Mara. Brave despite of all the things that happened, all the lies and forced decisions to be made. We can’t blame her because of what what she did because you know what she is facing, and don’t you dare face her problems. You’ll just get mad and end up in a treatment facility. Oops.
2. Noah Elliot Simon Shaw – Thank God there’s Noah the Savior and the Healer. He is unbelievable, undeniable and unforgettable. He seduces and tempts every reader effortlessly and it’s his asset aside from the enormous mansion. He’s a God. The God of Temptations. He is the epitome of a perfect book boyfriend and even if he is the only character in the story, still…
3. Daniel – The ever supportive brother of Mara. I wish I had a brother like him, intelligent, caring and at the same time very supportive.
4. Jamie – “Jamal” has a very good sarcasm that’s why I just don’t cry while reading, I also laugh a lot.
5. Other characters – They’re the ones who add more spice to the creepy, sad, and happy life of Mara (aside from Noah of course). I don’t understand why some of them are doing such actions but I know they have their own reasons and I won’t spill it here. Better read the book.
1st: Mara is facing another major problems aside from what is mentioned in the first book.
2nd: She is still Mara, though now she is version 2.0 (That’s why it’s EVOLUTION)
3rd: There are so many twists and turns. More revelations to come!