Overall Rating: 4.75 stars
Book Name: Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
Author: Sarah Alderson
Genre: Young Adult, Supernatural
Book Boyfriend: Alex
Alex and Lila are on the run, desperately trying to stay one step ahead of the Unit, which is somehow tracking their every move. While Alex is determined to keep Lila safe and her ability secret at any cost, Lila’s only thought is of finding a way back to California so she can rescue her brother and mother from the military base where they’re being held.
Struggling to control both her growing power and her deepening feelings for Alex, Lila decides the time has finally come to stop running and start fighting. Together with Alex, Demos, and the others she’s come to think of as family, Lila plans not only to save her brother and mum, but also to completely destroy the Unit and everything it stands for. But the plan requires Lila to return to California alone, and to make friends with the enemy – and in doing so, she risks losing everything: Alex, her family… even her life.
* From the moment I read Hunting Lila, I already adore, patronize and love it. I even get ecstatically obsessed with the book. And there we go, it’s time for the second book — Losing Lila! *cheers*
* No one will not love Lila and her awesomeness and her being impulsive, lovable, humorous, and all her flaws makes her complete. She is the epitome of a kick-ass heroine. She isn’t just tough, she’s also playful and witty and funny. And don’t you ever forget the fact that Alex also loves her even before she confessed about her feelings to her.
* Speaking of which, the love story of Lila and Alex is too good to be true. I mean, she is so lucky that the one she loves loves her too, and more than she anticipated? I know it happens but it’s so rare nowadays. But, nevertheless they are a cute couple and I cannot deny the fact that I giggle every intimate moment of Alex and Lila doing you know, something. You know what that is.
* I love also the team of. especially Suki and Nate they’re really amazing! (though sometimes they’re annoying Lila) And Key is very helpful all the time especially when Lila needs his help. And who could forget the pioneer of all of it, Demos who seems to be very optimistic when it comes to all the plans that Lila and Jack are planning. And don’t ever forget Harvey and all of his contributions.
* And I also love Jack. I think he’s hot. And his FRZHUHJKAFKTQPW is super cool! I wish I was part of their team and had at least one power. And if I had, I think I would like to have a power like Nate’s or Suki’s or Lila’s.
* The concept, from the first book and this one, is very unusual and splendid! I love the twists and turns and every event or fight Lila will have makes my heart beat so fast, faster than I have expected.
* The things that are revealed in the book unbelievably makes me scream and think that I needed to be there, go and fight with Lila and Alex and the others!
*Too bad there’s no news for a third book in this series, yet. But let us hope that there might be a chance because I want more Lila (and Alex and Jack *chuckles*)
* Did I mention how hot Alex is?
My favorite quote:
“What I’m trying to tell you, Lila,’ he said, his voice husky in his throat, “is that I’ve always been there, looking out for you, even when you didn’t know it – even when you couldn’t see me.”